You look into the fridge or cupboard and nothing inspires you for breakfast! I'm not really a breakfast cereal person, so I'm always trying new recipes. I hope you give them a try and enjoy!
Here are a couple of super quick, delicious & wonderfully nourishing way to start the day! They both take literally only takes a couple of minutes to whip up.
(Serves 3) source Dr Libby Weaver.
1 cup of raw cashew nuts
2 cups of filter water (I just use tap water)
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup white or black chia seeds
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
2 bananas, sliced, to garnish and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
1. In a blender put the cashew nuts, water, salt, vanilla bean paste and maple syrup. Blend until creamy & smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the chia seeds to the cashew milk. Mix well with a whisk, removing any lumps.
3. If you are going to assemble into individual serves, pour the mixture into cocktail glasses or jars. Leave to set for 5-10 mins or can be refrigerated until set (overnight if you have time). Top with slices of banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
(Serves 1) source Clever Guts.
1 banana, mashed
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1. Whisk the eggs in a bow and stir in the mashed banana. I also add in a good sprinkle of cinnamon . Combine until the mixture is smooth.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, add the mixture and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side (or until the batter has set and pancakes are golden). Enjoy!
Image from Clever Guts.